Saturday, December 25, 2010

Drive by Incubus

Drive


"The lyric is basically about fear, about being driven all your life by it and making decisions from fear.  It's about imagining what life would be like if you didn't live it that way." -- Quote-- Brandon Boyd, Lead Singer, Incubus --

Lyrics:

Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty
stinging clear.
And I can't help but ask myself how much I
let the fear take the wheel and steer.


It's driven me before and it seems to have a faint
haunting mass appeal.
But lately, I am beginning to find that
I should be the one behind the wheel.


Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there,
with open arms and open eyes, yeah.
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there,
I'll be there ...


So if I decide to waiver my chance to be
one of the hive,
Will I choose water over wine and
hold my own and drive?


It's driven me before and it seems to be the way
that everyone else gets around,
But lately, I am beginning to find that
when I drive myself, my light is found.


Would you choose water over wine,
hold the wheel and drive...

No comments:

Post a Comment